Welcome to the Just British Online Motoring Magazine Forums

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Articl on the BMH 5-Speed in the Just British Online Motoring Magazine
Hi All,

The article on the BMH 5-Speed for the MGB is interesting for sure.
Provides another way to upgrade the MGB and make it an even better car.
Price seem to be in the same area as others.

Wounder when they will figure out a gear box for the Spitfire and GT6's with out any frame modifications as the overdrive's for either car are becoming harder to source.

Smile
Martin Keller
Ventura, CA.
1971 Triumph GT6 ( A work in progress. )
(01-20-2017, 07:34 PM)Martin Keller Wrote: Hi All,

Wounder when they will figure out a gear box for the Spitfire and GT6's with out any frame modifications as the overdrive's for either car are becoming harder to source.

Smile

I've got overdrive in my Spitfire, but a 5-speed would be oh so nice. 

Looking at ways to put the 5-speed in my MGB as I rebuild it, but the transmission replace would cost me almost as much as I have in the entire car!
Michael Carnell - Charleston, SC
Editor of Just British Online Motoring Magazine
Have to agree.
The Moss Motors 5 speed for the MGB is a real nice setup and is very easy to install and comes with everything to complete the upgrade. It only makes sense if your going to keep the car for a long time and use it a lot in my belief.
I considered putting one in my GT6 when I rebuilt it but as you said the cost is high and at the time I did not have the extra money for that upgrade but if my gearbox ever dose give up I think I will upgrade to a five speed because the cost of replacing the stock overdrive gear box that I have now makes it about equal although the GT6 frame will need minor massaging to make it fit do to the size of the trans.

Smile
Martin Keller
Ventura, CA.
1971 Triumph GT6 ( A work in progress. )
(01-20-2017, 07:34 PM)Martin Keller Wrote: Hi All,

Wounder when they will figure out comparateur mutuelle chat  a gear box for the Spitfire and GT6's with out any frame modifications as the overdrive's for either car are becoming harder to source.

Smile

Hello!
I'm a new member and i'm looking for the link to download the model and some tuto to customize my car because mine has been deleted!
Thanks!